A few months ago I introduced the hazards and dangers of Carbon Monoxide in my post imaginatively titled – An Introduction to Carbon Monoxide.
Well to compliment the awareness of the dangers we now have in stock Honeywell’s newest CO alarm, the XC100.
A replacement for their previous XC70 it is now cheaper and includes the following:
- 10 year life and warranty
- Unique Prominent alarm message, appears only when triggered
- Optional pre-alarm
- High readability
- Easy to install
- Easy to operate user interface
- Compact design
- Separate indicators for Power, Fault and pre-alarm
- Big easy press button for fault hush, alarm hush and reduced sound test
- Tamperproof with sealed in batteries included
- Alarm memory and event logger
- low level monitoring mode
- End-of-life signal
- Free standing, wall or ceiling mount
- Audible alarm > 90 dB @ 1m (loud!)
- Suitable for bathroom conditions
As a basic recommendation one of these should be sited next to any gas appliances but also near flues in voids, fires, water heaters or stoves.
All the best,